Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kitchen Gadgets - Crockpots

Let me start by saying, I am not looking to buy a new crockpot.  I have two that I really like.  But every where you look there is a new crockpot.  They have some new features.  And they come in all sizes.

I just adore the little Crock-pot Lunch Warmers.  They come in three colors.  If I had seen these before Christmas, I might have considered picking one up for my husband's work truck.  Who knows he might get one next year.

Here are some of the features:
  • 20 ounce capacity
  • Removable food vessel to easily transport food to and from home and for easier cleaning
  • Easy-travel lid for portability
  • Dishwasher-safe removable vessel and lid
  • Cool to the touch
  • Cord management


I also like the Double Dipper Warmer.  This would be great for tailgating.  But it would only be good for warming things up so I can't see me using it often.  I wish I could just get the bowl to fit my current slow cooker.

Here are the features:
  • Two 16 ounce compartments
  • Removable oval stoneware
  • Warms dips and sauces



If I was considering a new crockpot, I would have to look seriously at the Hamilton Beach Set N Forget.  I love the probe option and the timer, plus it has the clip-down lid for traveling.






I am not recommending any of these crock-pots.  I just saw them and thought I would post what I found out there on the world wide web.  It is amazing how many different crock-pots there are out now.

I have some recipes to share with you.  I haven't tried most of these, but they do have some possibilities.

Breakfast
Good Morning Oatmeal

Poultry
Jalapeno Chicken Breasts
Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce

Desserts
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
Triple Berry Cobbler



No comments:

Post a Comment