Sunday, February 10, 2013

Crockpot Spaghetti

I found this recipe over on Savingyoudinero.  I was looking for some new meals to have in the freezer and I think this is going to be a bad cook week for me so I am going to make this up.  I want to have 3-4 servings to go in the freezer.

I am going to change the recipe to fit my needs.  I am going to use my own homemade spaghetti sauce and I can't decided whether I am going to use regular spaghetti noodles or corkscrew pasta.  Maybe even egg noodles.  Maybe I should check the pantry and see what I have.

When I put some thing like this in the freezer, I like to put the pasta and any other needed ingredients aside so it doesn't get used for something else. 

When I make this up, I will try to take some pictures.  I really need to start taking more pictures of our meals.  I will try to get better at it.


Casserole Spaghetti
Serves 6-8
  • 1 ½ lb ground beef
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • ½ cup celery, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes or sauce
  • 2 Tablespoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoon salt (I add more after it’s cooked)
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • 12 oz spaghetti or other pasta
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (I use a Mexican mix)
Instructions
  1. Cook ground beef. Drain and cool completely. (Or you can cook it the morning you prepare the meal and add it to the crock pot.)
  2. Add it to the ziploc bag with the  green pepper, onion, celery,  garlic cloves, tomatoes, chili pepper, salt, and pepper.
Write in the bag
  1. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours on low.
  2. When it’s almost done, cook spaghetti according to package and drain.
  3. Add cooked spaghetti and about 1 cup of cheese to the crock pot and mix well.
  4. Add more cheese to the top and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment